3M™ Circuit Plating Tape 1280 is a polyester film tape with unique adhesive for printed circuit board masking during electroplating.
- Low stretch polyester film for machine, as well as hand application
- Solvent clean up of the board is recommended to facilitate subsequent soldering
- Polyester backing reduces stretch and recovery of tape and associated uneven stop-off line
- Thick adhesive coating reduces undercutting because adhesive helps block out solutions between fingers
- Polyethylene tape core instead of cardboard
- Masking of many printed wiring boards during solder stripping and precious metal plating of fingers.
- Splicing of silicone treated papers