The human detection sensors are equipped with high technology and these are also cost-effective and have been used in several industries. It has been embedded in various projects due to its wide range of features.
How does the PIR Sensor For Human Detection Work?
The PIR is also known as Passive infrared sensors that sense infrared lights and waves. These waves are emitted by the objects in the viewing area of the sensor.
The human detection sensors are able to detect human movement along with animals. It is all based on the range of the sensor and other specifications.
The PIR sensor for human detection does not emit any radiation or light, it just sensors the radiation from other objects.
What Is the Range of the Human Detection Sensors?
- PIR sensors for indoors: The distance range goes from 25 cm to 20 m.
- Indoor curtain-type: The detection distance range is from 25 cm to 20 m.
- PIR sensors for Outdoor: The detection distance range is from 10 meters to 150 meters.
- Outdoor passive infrared curtain detector: The distance range for this type is from 10 meters to 150 meters.
The PIR sensor for human detection should not be confused with motion detectors. Motion detection is used in applications where absence or presence detection is needed.
The PIR sensor for human detection is very small in size and has low power consumption. These are vastly popular due to the feature of being very easy to install and understand.
What Are The Advantages?
- PIR motion sensors provide the results with great accuracy.
- It can also detect moving objects in the dark.
- These are contactless, meaning that there is no need to establish direct contact with the object in order to detect it.
- The wiring process and the installation are very easy to do without technical assistance.
- The power requirement is almost bare and helps to conserve energy.
- These work automatically and require no human interference for smooth working.
The PIR sensor for human detection is most common in security alarms and systems. It detects unauthorized intrusion and sends an alert to the system.
There are smart home appliances that are automated and detect if the person is inside the room to automatically enable the shutting off or turning on the appliances.
They are automated everywhere now, in shopping malls, standalone shops, or even houses and apartment complexes.
The PIR sensors are very common in street lights or LED lights that are used in houses. These use human detection sensors to detect the presence and activate the lights.
Parking or Garage Doors
The parking areas also use PIR sensors and these detect the occupancy of the space and alert the system about any open space.
The human detection sensors are used in various applications as they have a large area that can be covered. These are used as embedded sensors and are very easy to incorporate into various appliances and security cameras.