The VHB tape is an adhesive that has bonding features on both sides of the flat tape. The VHB stands for “very high bond”. It has industrial-grade tape with high duty bonding strength. Let’s learn more about 3M VHB tapes and how to get them to work effectively for customized applications and purposes.
How to apply VHB tape
There are some steps to be followed to get the desired result from 3M VHB tapes. We are listing all of them step by step for ease of following them without losing track. So here are the steps:
Surface preparation: Cleaned surfaces and substrates can enhance the bonding for any tape and adhesive. It helps to form a better bonding quality and it also removes external contaminations from the surface. To clean the surface, mix isopropyl alcohol with water in the ratio of 50:70 and wipe the surface with it.
Priming: It will help with the surfaces like plastic and paints. Before applying the tape priming will help with low surface energy substrates.
Abrading: Abrasion will remove the thick and heavy dirt or rust from the surface.
These steps will help to prepare the surface for a long-lasting application and stronger bond.
But we need to keep one more thing in mind and that is the ideal temperature for these tapes. The 3M VHB tape application temperature will also impact the longevity. The VHB tape temperature range is from 20ºC to 40ºC. Some special VHB tapes allow lower temperature than mentioned and once the tape is properly applied it will hold down to -400C. All of this information can be found in the VHB tape technical data sheet and it should be followed to gain the optimum value.
What are the advantages of VHB tapes?
- 3M VHB tape provides the most powerful bonds. The 3M VHB tape really provides an industrial grade of adhesion and a robust bond. Its adhesive capacity is exceptionally long-lasting and maintained on any level. When it’s mixed with elastic properties it becomes best for both static and dynamic operations.
- Most adhesives have a limited temperature range during the application process, however, the tapes have an extended range of temperature. VHB double sided tape is tons extra long-lasting, being capable of on common tackle freezing temperatures of zero ranges Celsius or 32 ranges Fahrenheit.
- The VHB adhesive tape could make it beneficial and connect any state of affairs regardless of what the problem is. The contouring competencies of the tape permit it to stretch, squeeze, and in any other case form with ease, and its foam-primarily based total material enables it to circulate microscopic irregularities in the object and seal all of them shut, making certain an effective and long-lasting bond.
- The tape is designed to become invisible after application; it has the appearance as clean as they are. It’s simply every other manner that 3M VHB is going the greater mile for the customers.
- It could additionally maintain surfaces crafted from absolutely different substances with no issues. The steel can be bonded with wooden, wooden with plastic, or something else easily. The VHB tape will maintain it collectively and provide you with assured security.
What are the applications of VHB tapes?
- Transportation: The remarkable water-repellent and vibration-resistant characteristics of VHB tape make it outstanding for assembling panel trailers, attaching window glass, and many different requirements in the delivery and automobile fields.
- Construction: You’ll discover VHB tape in use in most of the well-known buildings. Architects and developers use it for its robust, everlasting bond and potential to connect a massive style of constructing substances.
- Metalworking: Metal fabrication needs robust and conformable tape which could connect all forms of steel substrates collectively, which includes powder-lined and painted ones, in addition to surviving extraordinarily excessive temperatures. A collection of VHB tape is best for those needs.
- Electronics: These tapes supply digital gadgets, advanced effect, and water resistance even while keeping a suited narrow profile, supporting electronics corporations that live aggressively in today’s crowded market.
- Appliances: VHB tapes are used to bring together an extensive style of appliances, which includes washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and extra. Their moisture resistance and remarkable load distribution characteristics cause them to have a really perfect desire for growing the sturdiness and sturdiness of patron appliances, and their clean software manner streamlines and hastens to manufacture.
The VHB tapes product catalog has a vast range of variety and each of them is designed to serve different purposes. These tapes work well in many industries like aerospace, automotive, electronics, industrial, medical, and military, and defense industries.