3M™ Low Static Polyimide Film Tape 5419 is a translucent, polyimide film-backed silicone adhesive tape with unique and
extremely low electrostatic discharge properties.
• Employs a proprietary technology that results in extremely low electrostatic discharge at unwind and removal from the
PWB. Conventional polyimide tapes can typically generate over 10,000 volts during use which can damage board
mounted electronic components. 3M™ Low Static Polyimide Film Tape 5419 overcomes this problem without any of
the typical drawbacks of conventional “anti-static” or “static-free” tapes (e.g., variable adhesion and opaqueness).
• At room temperature the properties of polyimide and polyester film are similar. However, as the temperature increases or
decreases, the properties of the polyimide film are less affected than polyester.
• Polyimide film does not soften at elevated temperatures, thus, the film provides an excellent release surface at elevated
• Gold tab protection during wave solder of printed circuit boards.
• RoHS compliant.
• Mask for printed circuit boards during wave solder or solder dip process.
• Used as release surface in fabrication of parts cured at elevated temperatures