Omron Electronics D6T Series MEMS Thermal Sensors are high sensitive infrared temperature sensors that enable the complete use of Omron’s proprietary MEMS sensing technology. The D6T thermal sensors enable to senses the presence of stationary humans by sensing body heat and thus can be used to automatically switch off unnecessary air conditioning, lighting, etc. when you are not there. Moreover, the D6T MEMS Thermal Sensor is also able to observe the room temperature; it can also be used to continually preserve optimal room temperature levels, immediately sense unusual temperature changes, thus detecting factory line stoppages or determine areas of overheating for early prevention of fire outbreaks.
Features of D6T MEMS Thermal Sensors
- Achieves the world’s highest level of SNR
- Accurate temperature measurements with little impact from outside
- Superior noise immunity with a digital output
- High-precision area temperature detection with low crosstalk field of view characteristics
- RoHS compliant
- Compact size for space savings and embedded applications
- Converts sensor signals to digital temperature output, allowing easy use of the microcontroller
Application D6T MEMS Thermal Sensors
- Energy Management: Detecting the human body for energy savings and comfort
- Security: Detecting the human body in a dark area
- TV/PC: Detecting the human body for screen saving
- Microwave Oven: Temperature control for cooking foods
- Refrigerator: Cooling warm food rapidly to preserve freshness
- Air Conditioner: Temperature control for floor temperature
- Cooking heater: Detecting the pan temperature for automatic cooker
- Temperature sensing: Detecting unusual conditions (overheating)
- Factory automation
- FA equipment
High Sensitivity Enables Detection of Stationary Human Presence
- OMRON’s unique MEMS and ASIC technology achieve a high SNR (except for the D6T-32L-01A).
- Superior noise immunity with a digital output.
- High-precision area temperature detection with low cross-talk field of view characteristics.
D6T Series can sense human pressure by sensing changes in human body temperature concerning the adjoining temperature. D6T sensors can sense the smallest amount of temperature changes that can be used in several applications including energy-efficient home applications and security systems. These sensors can also be used in the applications of HEMS (Home Energy Management System) and BEMS (Building Energy Management System).