In the recent era, the automotive industry is continuing its improvement on electric vehicles, thus this increased the need for advancement of material solution for EV Thermal Management. The effective and efficient electric vehicle Thermal Management System keeps the component operating temperature within a particular range, which assured both optimal energy efficiency and increased service life.
Need for EV Thermal Management System
As the world is moving to eco-friendly technology the demand for Electric Vehicles (EVs) is increasing to control global warming. Heat pump and CO2 systems are the two major Thermal Management System used in the EVs. The material solution used in the EVs need to endure advanced coolant temperatures, but with great exposure times.
The operating time of the TMS in an EV is much longer as compared to an internal combustion engine vehicle. The EV management system controls the temperature even when the vehicle is not driven, like when it is changing or parked in severe cold temperature.
Importance of Thermal Management System in electric vehicles
- To dissipate heat to increase battery performance
- To control the temperature, increasing the battery life
- To expel heat and thus prevent thermal runaway
- To manage the problem of the cold
- To insulate against heat and humidity
What are the benefits of the EV thermal management system for manufactures?
- Higher range thanks to lower energy consumption
- Development of innovative products matching the future requirements of electric vehicles
- High system competence for thermal management in electric vehicles (e.g. service: holistic vehicle simulation of the thermal system)
- The optimal thermal system for every electric vehicle