Are you facing IP 67 sealing challenges?
Electronic technology is constantly making progress and enhancing the quality of electrical products. Several electronic applications are showcasing resistance to water, pressure, decay, heat, etc. as they are able to pass applicable protection standards. As a result, they have an increasing demand in the market and capture the eyes of the customer. One such test that is now a must for electrical devices is IP 67 sealing.
What is IP67?
IP 67 sealing. is an internationally acknowledged test rating that indicates that the said device is water-proof. This testing process is applied to electronic enclosures as well as sealed products. The IP(Ingress Protection) test ascertains whether the product and its components satisfy its requisites or not.
The numbers 6 and 7 are the rating numbers that indicate the following:
Number 6 means “overall protection against dust over extended time” and “safety against contact with objects bigger than 1mm in diameter like a small tool or wires”
Number 7 means “protection against the short duration of immersion in water while under pressure between 15 cm and 1 m”
What devices should seek IP67 rating certification?
- Devices that are used and deployed outdoors and are exposed to regular or frequent precipitation.
- Industrial devices that face constant wash-downs under high pressure.
- Electrical and scientific equipment that are exposed to severe weather situations.
- Electric vehicles contain batteries that are exposed to rainfall, flood conditions, and other weather extremities.
- Security system deployed outdoors
- Other electrical devices and electronic products like cameras, smartphones, smart watches, laptops, etc.
Which industries and sectors should seek IP67 enclosures?
- Marine and shipping industries
Why get IP67 certification for your product?
- IP67 authenticates the assertion about the performance of the said electronic device.
- It offers a guarantee to the buyers about the conformity of the product’s claim and makes it a best-selling product.
- It enhances the reputation and credibility of the manufacturer and seller’s brand in the market.
What challenges encircle electronic products and electric devices?
Electrical Systems face challenges due to industrial surroundings and external deployments. Be it a desktop computer, EV battery, or any highly exposed electrical device, an acute environment can cause threats in the form of exposure to water and dust, heat, shock, or vibration. They may cause damage to the device or lead to sudden failures.
For instance: athletic watches are used in swimming competitions. These watches have to stay underwater for 30 minutes or beyond that. An IP 67-certified athletic watch implies that the device is protected against water intrusion up to a certain depth and for half an hour or more.
What is the criterion for getting an IP67 rating?
Companies seeking an IP67 rating have to go through IP testing conducted by a certified and autonomous company.
The certifying company considers the following things before providing the rating:
- The product must showcase the best and requisite level of resistance;
- The product has to fulfill the prescribed standards during the process of testing.
- The product must meet the expectation of the customers, i.e. “what we claim is what you get”.
After passing a series of tests, the rating is granted by the certifying company. The rating can be validated on the product to indicate its protection assurance.
Are you facing IP67 sealing challenges in EV Battery Packs?
The key to attaining IP67 certification is to deploy the right sealing or enclosure on the product that can help in safeguarding the device or product from mentioned threats. It is essential to check that the applied enclosure and solution are capable of obtaining the certification and meeting the required criterion successfully.
There are various options available to ensure that the device meets IP67 standards like sealing, bonding, potting, etc. The company seeking certification must consider how to seal the enclosure and to what extent before deciding on the right solution. Every electrical product needs its unique protection plan and design. A higher IP rating is costly so it is better to be sure than sorry!!
How can 3M’s 4411B extreme tape be a good solution for the challenge?
3M’s 4411B extreme sealing tape is exclusively designed to meet challenging sealing situations. This 1 mm thick tape can stick effectively on various hard-to-stick surfaces like metals, plastics, etc. It offers amazing advantages that make it ideal for electrical enclosures. It can facilitate you in obtaining IP 67 certification.
Let’s take a look at its advantages:-
- It ensures instant sealing and doesn’t allow liquid or dust to pass into devices like EV batteries.
- Due to its lucid ionomer backing, it is scratch resistant. This further protects the sealed device.
- It is ideal for outdoor deployed devices and appliances because of its amazing sealing characteristics.
- It offers water tight seal which perfectly meets the criterion of IP67 certification for electrical appliances and products as it ensures protection from water invasion.
- If you are seeking an enduring seal on different kinds of substances, 4411B will make it possible. Be it any fastener, joint, gap, or hole, you can rely on what it is claiming.
- One can easily paint over the tape with any color and change the color to match the surroundings
What can E-control devices offer to its esteemed customers?
E-control devices offer 360-degree innovative solutions for bonding, sealing, thermal management, connecting, and fire protection for EV batteries. All of our solutions guarantee IP67 verification to the customers.
Our successful collaboration with 3M helps us cater to the needs of our Indian as well as International clientele.
We endorse and highly recommend 3M’s 4411B sealing tape if you wish to attain the prestigious IP67 rating for your EV battery. It will fortify the ability to resist the intrusion of water for a substantial time and enhance the durability of the product.
Should you need any information about any of our products or our personalized services, connect with our team to get tailor-made solutions.