3M 5413 Polyimide Film Tape
The 3M 5413 polyimide film tape is made out of polymer-based imide monomers and almost every person working with the electric device or in other similar applications must have used it also known as 3m Kapton tape.
Its characteristics are electrical insulation and a long working life cycle in extreme temperatures from -4500C to 5000C. 3M polyimide film tape has exceptional thermal stability and it can retain its original shape and size after being under pressure, twisted, and turned for so long. This enables it to be used again as there wouldn’t be any visible signs of wear and tear.
Then it has other properties like physical, mechanical, and electrical and it is flame resistant. It is also resistant to chemicals, the best part of the wide range of working conditions and temperature is that the 3M 5413 polyimide film tape is also very cost-effective.
- The DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide film does not soften at elevated temperatures, thus the film provides an
excellent release surface at elevated temperatures
- Is dimensionally stable at high temperatures, which helps reduce rework, helping to enable high productivity
- Is flame retardant, chemical, and radiation-resistant which helps protect surfaces to help reduce replacement
- The silicone adhesive’s high-temperature performance helps reduce adhesive transfer which helps to eliminate
cleaning, enabling high productivity
- Polyethylene tape core instead of cardboard
- Mask for protection of gold fingers of printed circuit boards during wave solder or solder dip process.
- Release surface in the fabrication of parts cured at elevated temperatures.
You will not exceed your budget by using High-Temperature Masking Tapes and we already have mentioned its reusability. Along with its physical properties, this material is convertible meaning it can be shaped. And cut into different shapes and sizes depending on the requirement of the designer or the manufacturer.
E Control Devices is one the most prominent suppliers and distributors of High-Temperature Masking Tapes and it is in our capacity to support our clients with bulk quantities. We have the standard rolls and support with die-cut 3M 5413 polyimide film tape.
Some of our clients are using this in substrates for flexible printed circuits, circuit board insulation, transformer, and Capacitor insulation. Some more such applications are in the form of dielectric gaskets, thermal barriers, and heat sink pads.
You will also find automotive sensors. It can be used for interlayer insulation in motors and transformers, and wire and cable tapes are the most common use. Contact us for more information on this and get your quantity booked today!