Industrial 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch Plastic Housing
- 8x 10/100/1000BaseT(X) (RJ45)
- Broadcast storm protection
- Support IEEE 802.3/ 802.3u/ 802.3x/ 802.3ab
- 10/100/1000M, Full/Half-Duplex, MDI/MDI-X auto-detection
- Profinet Packet Prioritization according to 802.1p
- Redundant dual DC power inputs
- Operating temperature ranges from 0~60˚C
- Rugged plastic housing
- DIN-Rail or wall mounting ability
EHG2008 is an industrial unmanaged Gigabit switch with 8 RJ-45 ports. It is designed to work in the industrial environment, such as in hazardous locations, where it complies with CE, FCC, UL, RoHS and REACH standards.
EHG2008 protects itself from receiving too many broadcast packets. During normal use, broadcast packets will be forwarded to all ports except the source port. However, it will discard broadcast or multicast packets if the number of those packets exceeds a threshold in a preset period of time.
EHG2008 provides two redundant power inputs that can be connected simultaneously to wide-range DC power sources. If one of the power inputs fails, the other source acts as a backup to provide the EHG2008 the power it needs.
The device also embeds an Packet Prioritization feature that is advanced for unmanaged switches. The switch is able to read the QoS field inside the VLAN tag of the packet, prioritizing those that are important to reach the end device first, even during network congestion. This is vital in Industrial Automation applications that are, for example, Profinet Based.