PROMOSOLV COAT UT10-UV is a transparent hydrophobic and oleophobic ultrathin coating to protect electronics and other surfaces against moisture, corrosion and other environmental conditions that could jeopardize the reliability of the device or surface. Adheres well to a wide variety of material substrates as plastic, glass, metal and ceramic. This product is formulated with a UV tracer for easy detection under UV light in order to support quality control.
The coating is available with a 2 and 4% solid content, which provides a different dry film thickness.
The best process will depend on factors such as operating conditions, equipment, time and the cleanliness of the parts. Our team is ready to advise you.
● Dipping process recommended / spray application possible (especially for selective deposition).
● Typical coating thickness is about 0.2 to 0.5 microns by dipping application.
● Recommended to apply on cleaned and dried surfaces.
● Touch dry within less than a minute / No thermal or UV cure required.
● Visible under UV light (around 350nm) to allow inspection after the coating is applied. The UV tracer will disappear within 1-2 weeks after the coating is applied as it has no function in the protective properties of the coating.
● In order to manage the solid content in the coating bath, Promosolv Coat DILUENT 10 is used to add solvent and
Promosolv Coat UUET10 8% (no UV tracer needed) is used to add solid content.
● Promosolv Coat DILNT 10 can also be used to remove coating or for nozzle and equipment cleaning.
PACKAGING, STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
● Keep products in closed original packaging and store at room temperature.
● Shelf life is 2 years from production date when kept in unopened and original packaging.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Contains no Reach Substances (on Candidate list, Annex XIV & XVII) / Contains no persistent organic pollutant (EC 850/2004) / Contains no Import/Export Hazardous substances (EU 649/ 2012). No issues when used as recommended.
● non-ozone depleting
● no chlorine, no bromine
● very low VOC
● RoHS compliant.