The EKMC1603111 from Panasonic is a standard recognition type passive infrared motion sensor. This sensor distinguishes change in infrared radiation which happens when there is a development by an individual or item by the change in encompassing temperature.
A short central length is all that is required in any event, when recognizing at a similar distance, which implies both cuttings back and high affectability is accomplished.
Typical applications incorporate lighting, anti-crime devices, home appliances, and commercial types of equipment, sound, and visual gadgets.
It has simplified circuitry with a fully integrated sensor design.
- The curvature is also low for this design.
- It is also environment friendly as it has lead-free piezoelectric elements.
- It is used both in households and commercially as well.
- It is commonly used for lighting fixtures and sensor switches in homes.
- Also, you can see them used in video intercoms and vending machines.
- They are very common in home automation control panels.
Basic Principles for Use
- It has room for error if there is no movement.
- Also if the target and the environment have the same temperature it might fail to detect.
- If there is direct light like car headlights or sunlight hitting the sensor then it can detect them too.
- It has difficulty in detecting the target and the sensor has some glass or any acrylic material in between.
- The performance can be affected if there is any dirt or moisture on the sensor.
- High voltage can be damaging as well.
- It is advisable to not use any washing or cleaning liquids as they can also damage the lens and circuitry.